Bonded Retainers Dublin – Aesthetic Orthodontics, Dublin 4
•20% tax relief available.
Bonded Retainers After Braces: Protect Your Perfect New Smile
You’re thrilled to have your braces taken off! But your journey to a beautiful smile isn’t over just yet. Wearing a bonded orthodontic retainer will help you to maintain the perfect alignment achieved by your teeth straightening treatment at Pembroke Dental Ballsbridge. Our friendly and experienced dentists highly recommend that every patient who benefits from this treatment wears a bonded retainer or an essix retainer, to ensure successful long term results.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Dr. David and his team at Pembroke Dental give a great service, which gives you that extra confidence when visiting the dentist, as David is very good at what he does and I’m very happy with my orthodontic results
Free Straight Teeth Information Pack
Download our free information pack
A 35 page report full of the most useful information, ideal if you’re thinking about having braces
- The costs and lowest price alternatives
- Your options and choices for treatment
- Are you suitable for treatment?
- How do clear aligners compare to the other brace systems?
- How long does treatment take?
- Plus lots more…
What are bonded retainers?
A bonded retainer is a metal wire fixed directly to the inside of your upper or lower front teeth. It holds them in optimal positions after the braces come off. Only a dentist can place and remove this kind of retainer.
Getting a bonded retainer takes just a few minutes. Your dentist makes sure that your teeth are clean, applies dental cement to the enamel, places the wire and then uses a special curing light to bond it in place.
Why should you wear a bonded retainer?
Braces take advantage of natural tooth and bone functions to encourage teeth to move into healthier alignment. But the effects of orthodontic treatment aren’t always permanent. Teeth (front teeth, in particular) are prone to slipping out of their straight alignment.
A bonded retainer can hold your teeth in their new positions for several months or longer, to allow the bone and ligaments around them to heal and secure your teeth in place.
The benefits of wearing a bonded retainer
Here are some advantages to wearing a bonded retainer:
- They preserve the investment of time and money you put into your braces treatment
- They are not visible to others, since they’re placed on the inside surfaces of your teeth
- There is no need to worry about remembering to wear your retainer; bonded retainers are fixed in place and you don’t have to remove them for meals
- They are harmless to tooth surfaces
- They offer an ideal solution for children, who may have difficulty wearing removable retainers
Retention (holding in position) of teeth is mandatory after orthodontic treatment to prevent relapse.
There are two different types of retainers:
- Essix Retainers – Essix retainers are removable and resemble a thin, clear gumshield, which fit snugly over your teeth to keep them still.Your removable retainers will be custom-made in our in-house lab at Pembroke Dental Ballsbridge to fit you perfectly. We will take impressions of your teeth when we remove your braces and the retainers will be ready for collection within hours.The tight moulding of an Essix retainer prevents movement and keeps your teeth (and therefore, your perfect smile) in place.
- Bonded Retainers – a very small metal wire that is bonded into place, hidden away behind your teeth. These have the advantage of being permanently fixed in place.
Contact the Dublin orthodontics team here at Pembroke Dental Ballsbridge, Dublin 4 to learn about retainer options after your tooth straightening treatment.