Invisalign – Dublin, Ballsbridge D4
This orthodontic technique uses a series of custom-made aligners to gradually move crooked, gappy or crowded teeth to an improved position. As it is a less noticeable way to straighten teeth, it is suitable for adults or teenagers who may feel self-conscious about wearing very obvious braces.
These innovative aligners can also be taken out, so you can maintain your oral hygiene as normal, eat whatever you choose and remove them for special occasions.
What are the benefits of Invisalign
- Almost invisible
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Personal and professional practice – very happy with outcome of recent orthodontic treatment! Great front of house receptionist in terms of communication etc. Excellent and skilled dental team with a full service offering. Absolutely recommended.
What is the Invisalign procedure
- Attend a free consultation appointment to discuss your suitability
- If you are a suitable candidate for this adult-friendly treatment, we take impressions and photos, and collect other information about your teeth. We then use special 3D technology to create a personalised plan, which shows how your teeth will move and also how they will look after treatment.
- Align Technologies will then proceed to make your series of aligners.
- When the aligners are ready, you will wear a different one every two weeks until the carefully controlled force shifts your teeth to a better position.
- We will monitor your progress approximately every 6 weeks.
Following treatment, as with all orthodontic methods, you will need to wear a retainer to stop your teeth moving back to their former position.
Does Invisalign hurt?
You may feel minor discomfort when a new aligner is fitted but this is usually just a feeling of pressure and a good indicator that the treatment is working.
How long does Invisalign take?
Treatment times will vary depending on your individual issue, but most cases are completed in 6-12 months.
Can I take my aligners out?
As the aligners only work while you are actually wearing them, we recommend they are kept in place for 22–24 hours per day. You should remove your aligners for eating, drinking and cleaning only.